The objectives for which the institute is established are as follows:
- To regulate the standards of practice, promote and advance the profession of production and operations management practice (including logistics and supply chain operations).
- To provide professional education, training, publication and management consultancy services in all aspects of production and operations in manufacturing, agriculture, mining, oil and gas, construction and allied productive sectors.
- To establish and manage training institutions and centers and conduct examinations, competency tests and administer awards of merit certificates, diplomas and other qualifications solely or in partnership with universities, polytechnics or other educational training establishments or organizations.
- To be involved in providing professional services associated with research and development (R&D) and design as well as quality, productivity, efficiency, cost improvement, safety, health, environment, sanitation and protection.
- To provide technical, technological and engineering services of all kinds as well as provide general management consultancy services.
- To provide supply, support, personnel services for resource optimization, greater efficiency, higher productivity, better service and increased profits through improved administration and the application of management principles.
- To subscribe to charitable funds or institutions, to establish, acquire or promote other organizations and do all or any of the above things, either as principals, agents, trustees, partners, collaborators or in any other manner in any part of the world.
WHAT NIPM CAN DO FOR YOU
NIPM is a professional body that adds value to individual and organizations.
NIPM can help you to;
- Acquire professional certification in production, supply chain and operations management
- Develop your potentials and career through training, counseling, mentoring and networking.
- Secure employment if you are listed on our JOB REGISTER
- Develop your leadership competencies in learning groups and through Societies and Branch network management opportunities
- Expose you to real world of operations nationally, regionally and globally through professional meetings, workshops, conferences etc.
- Deepen your insights and widen your scope through research and publications.
- Earn income through participation in Institute’s volunteer service.
- Entrepreneurship, technology and industrial incubation.